The biggest thing for most children growing up is seeing their father in the house or just having them in their life. – Darvell Huffman
Darvell Huffman, a Social Worker at HealthNet Barrington Health & Dental Center says becoming a father “was the biggest joy of my life. My entire train of thought completely changed.” Preparing to be a dad can be scary, but HealthNet’s Best Father Program can help you prepare for fatherhood and the future.
This free program for fathers or expectant fathers (16 to 35) covers topics such as:
- Building/Improving Father/Child Relationships
- Parenting Skills and Child Development
- Co-parenting and Respecting Your Child’s Mother
- Healthy Relationship Building
- Manhood Development Sessions
- Healthy Sex Education
- Money Management/Credit Repair Education
- Employment Preparation
- Marketplace and Medicaid insurance sign up
- Social Service Referrals & Medical Care
- College Prep
- Counseling and much more.
Participants who complete the entire program will receive a $50 Wal-Mart gift card. Interview clothing and weekly transportation assistance is also provided.
Where: Northeast Health Center (Located inside the Avondale Meadows Health & Wellness Center – 3908 Meadows Drive, 46205, 2nd Floor)
Time: Classes are from 8:30 am – Noon, Fridays October 30 – December 18
To register for the program or for more information, contact Cassandra Jones, Community Social Worker, at 317-957-2150 or Lauresa Garnett, Community Social Worker, at 317-957-2350.