Did you know…
- 25% of the homeless in Indy are women fleeing from domestic violence??
- 17% of Indy’s homeless are veterans??
As one of the largest and most comprehensive programs for the homeless in the state, HIP provides a network of services to treat the whole person, as he or she moves from homelessness into housing, employment and self-sufficiency.
Last year, HIP served 3,229 homeless men, women and children and with your help we can change those numbers for the better! And, it does not take much to make a difference!
A gift of….
- $40 provides a homeless individual with two weeks’ worth of bus passes to get back and forth to a new job until they receive their first paycheck.
- $100 buys school uniforms, school supplies, and a toy for a homeless child.
- $500 provides a family with their first month of rent on a standard two-bedroom apartment.
- $1000 provides tuition for Certified Nursing Assistance (CNA) training and certification.