With the kids back in school, it seems like every family is busier than ever! Between school activities, jobs, and chores, there’s never enough time to be as active as we should. Check out the tips below for ways to be more active as a family!
- Sign up for a family 5K run/walk. Throughout summer and fall, many organizations set up 5K run/walks. Check around with local organizations to sign your family up to walk or run together.
- Go for a hike and a picnic. Indianapolis has many beautiful parks and trails, so pack a lunch and go for a hike!
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market. Take the kids to your local farmers market and pick up some fruits and vegetables for the week. Not only can you get some meal shopping done, but you can get in a nice walk!
- Plant a garden. Gardening is a great physical activity, and it’s fun for kids too! Whether you are planting flowers or vegetables, let the kids help pick what they want to plant.
- Go for a bike ride. Make it a tradition to go for a bike ride after dinner or bike to your favorite places around town like the library or park.
Staying active is an important part of our health. Lead by example to show your kids that being active can be fun!