Post by Tricia Tomson
Many nonprofit organizations are seeing an influx of needs – especially this holiday season. As the economy still seems to struggle – so do many families and children living in Indianapolis.
HealthNet’s outreach programs provide case management and basic necessities to thousands of families each year.
This year in particular, we are hoping to meet some of these needs by encouraging local companies, civic organizations, schools and faith-based institutions to participate in our Design-A-Drive program by collecting items that are consistently needed by our clients at our health centers, and through our Better Indy Babies/Healthy Families and Homeless Initiative Program.
- Wool socks to avoid frostbite
- Hand warmer packs
- Toys for toddlers and young school-aged children, new and new unwrapped
- Books for young children
- Pack N Play cribs
- Baby items – new
- Diaper bags – new
- Infant car seats
- Cash donations are immediate. No boxes or bags. Skip the trip to the mall, just donate online now.
- Cash donations are tax deductible.
- Patients often have emergency needs, such as help getting medications, food, shelter, or transportation to and from medical offices. Cash donations help us respond to these urgent needs.
Are you hosting an office holiday drive? Comment below, we would love to hear how you are doing it! If you want to inquire more about hosting a drive for HealthNet’s outreach programs – call (317) 782-2111 for more information!